Bathroom remodeling is a daunting task. It can be difficult to know where to start and even more difficult to decide what bathroom elements are essential for you. That’s why we’ve created this blog post as your guide!
We’ll go over four things that you should consider before bathroom remodeling, so you know exactly what will work best in your bathroom – and how much it will cost!
1. Decide if You Will Do-It-Yourself or Hire Professionals
If you’re planning on remodeling your bathroom yourself, you’ll need to get some bathroom remodeling supplies and figure out how you want to remodel the bathroom. This can be time-consuming and may be costly in the long run.
On the other hand, if you hire professional bathroom remodelers, they are already skilled in this area and can provide you with modern ideas and tips. You can also expect them to provide you with tailored solutions within the promised deadlines.
2. Set The Budget
Another critical factor to consider before bathroom remodeling is the budget. You should decide how much you are willing to spend on your bathroom ahead of time to ensure there will be enough cash for this project and that you don’t end up overspending later down the road. You’ll need to factor in both hard costs (like supplies) and soft costs (like labor) to complete the bathroom remodeling project.
3. Design the Bathroom Layout
The bathroom layout is often the most overlooked aspect of bathroom remodeling. It’s essential to consider how you use your bathroom, where fixtures will be located, and at what height they should be for them to be accessible to anyone who will use it.
Pro Tip: Try to avoid having a sink and toilet side-by-side because it will make each area feel cramped and uninviting. A good bathroom layout will place the bathroom fixtures in a triangle shape, so there is plenty of floor space.
4. Consider the Lighting Fixtures
The general bathroom design will dictate the type of fixture you can use, but you must consider a few things when selecting a light for your bathroom:
- Bathroom remodeling lighting fixtures are usually located in the center of the room. This emphasizes the bathroom as a communal space yet still offers individual privacy with separate functions for sitting and standing.
- Bathroom lighting should be bright enough so it can illuminate all surfaces from where you’re standing or seated, but not too intense if you’re in the bathroom at night.
- Chains or cords typically suspend bathroom lighting fixtures from a canopy, so you need to consider this when deciding where to put your bathroom remodeling light fixture.
Our staff at Bill’s Plumbing & Sewer Inc. are experts in bathroom remodeling. We can help you bring your old, tired bathroom into the modern era with a unique design that meets all of your needs and budget requirements. Our professionals have been providing homeowners in Evanston, IL, quality bathroom remodeling services for over 30 years.